AoB/Cir/ 01 2017
1. Year of Family: The theme “Catholic Families the Future of the Church” is accepted by the faithful very well. This was evident from launch of the theme at deanery level on the last Sunday of January. The booklet to enable the theme to be used well is being bought with high enthusiasm. What we need is the continuous support of all the pastoral agents. Let me once again call upon all priests, deacons and leaders to teach about the value and importance of Catholic families especially making use of all the Church documents and Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The important topics each Catholic should know by end of this year are: What is a Catholic family? Roles of the father, mother, children and grand parents in a Catholic family. Marriage and family in God’s plan. How to build strong Catholic families.
Each and every association has to learn the following topics in their meetings: Catholic families and parenting. Sacrament of Holy Matrimony. Church documents on marriage and family.
2. Archdiocesan Leadership of Associations 2017 & 2018:
St. Joseph Association
Chairperson: James Mazwi (St. Martin)
Vice Chair: Dumisani Nyoni (Holy Trinity)
Secretary: Max Mberengwani (Divine Mercy)
Vice Secretary: Benjamin Simbanayi (St. Adolph)
Treasurer: Pharo Ndlovu (Divine Mercy)
St. Ann Association
Chairperson: Naume Tsondayi (Holy Cross)
Vice Chair: Ellen Ndlovu (Body & Blood)
Secretary: Selina Ncube (St. Henry’s)
Vice Secretary: Grace Sibanda (Divine Mercy)
Treasurer: Siphathisiwe Gumpo (Holy Trinity)
Sodality of Our Lady
Chairperson: Shield Damunesa (Holy Trinity)
Vice Chair: Sithabile Moyo (St. Antony)
Secretary: Babra Khuphe (Holy Spirit)
Vice Secretary: Cresencia Dube (St. Patrick’s)
Treasurer: Joyce Change (St. Bernadette)
The Most Sacred Heart Association
Chairperson: Joseph Gunda (Our Lady of Lourdes)
Vice Chair: Felistas Muserere (Queen of Peace)
Secretary: Emelia Nyathi (Queen of Peace)
Vice Secretary: Nonhlanhla Sibanda (St. Bernard’s)
Treasurer: Concilia Mukarobwa (St. John)
Catholic Women League
Chairperson: Solibusa Cumba (Sts. Peter & Paul)
Vice Chair: Maria Mucheke (Holy Cross)
Secretary: Pretty Nyathi (Holy Trinity)
Vice Secretary: Elizabeth Katerere (St. Pius)
Treasurer: Lebani Mawire (Holy Spirit)
Catholic Youth Association
Chairperson: Tafadzwa Mabonga (Our Lady of Fatima)
Vice Chair: Felicity Nyathi (Divine Mercy)
Secretary: Minehle Dube (St. Henry’s)
Vice Secretary: Pamela Mpofu (Holy Spirit)
Treasurer: Muzimuhle Ncube (Body & Blood)
We congratulate these leaders and wish them many blessings to lead and guide the members of their respective associations as their constitutions and teachings of the Catholic Church respecting the appropriate protocols.
3. Credentials for Visiting Priest: ZCBC in its administrative meeting has decided to request a current letter from the ordinary of the diocese of incardination (in case of diocesan clergy) and major superior (in case of religious priests) who visit Zimbabwe. This letter should be presented on arrival to the local ordinary if they have to celebrate Holy Mass in parishes, preach retreats and conduct workshops. Priests in parishes and missions kindly take note of this seriously. There has been cases of fake priests or priests on suspension celebrating Holy Mass or preaching retreats. Let us guard against fraudsters.
4. Lent 2017: The theme for this year is “The Word of God is a gift, other persons are a gift”. The printed message of the Holy Father is sent to all the parishes/missions and institutions. Kindly use it for your reflections during lent. This year’s Lenten sacrifices will be used for the rural schools. I wish each of you a spirit filled season of Lent with prayers and blessings.
5. Results for ‘O’ Level Examinations 2016 from our Schools: Minda High 83%; Empandeni High 78.9%; Embakwe High 77. 33%; Regina Mundi Sec. 63.2%; Ekusileni Sec. 51%; St. Bernad’s High 35.6%; Magama Sec. 29.5%; Enkanyisweni Voc. 29.62%.
6. Congratulations: We congratulate Fr. Herbert Banda who is elected the new superior (Custodian) of the Capuchins in Zimbabwe. We wish him many blessings in the new ministry.
“Lent is the favourable season of renewing our encounter with Christ, living in His Word, in the Sacraments and in our neighbour.” - Pope Francis -
Archbishop of Bulawayo