Theme: Catholic Families, the Future of the Church.
“My family and me will serve the Lord”
“Mina lendlu yami sizayikhonza iNkosi” (Joshua 24;15)
1. Catechism Learning in Families:
- What is a Catholic Family? Roles of the Father, Mother, Children.
- Marriage and Family in God’s Plan.
- How to build strong Catholic families.
2. Celebrate Family Days:
- 1 January: Motherhood of Mary (Day for mothers)
- 2 February: Presentation of Child Jesus in the Temple (Day of children)
- 19 March: St. Joseph (Day for fathers)
- 26 July: Sts. Joachim and Ann (Day for grandparents)
- 30 December: Holy Family (Family Day)
II. Small Christian Communities:
Support Catholic Families in our SCCs
Discussions to better the Catholicity in families (Refer the booklet for families)
Lessons on Catholic Families and Parenting
Lessons on Sacrament of Holy Matrimony
Learn the Church documents on Marriage and Family
Encourage Catholic Marriages
Celebration of Wedding Anniversaries
Better Marriage preparation lessons
Prayer for families (Page 33 / prayer card)